BCCIE is pleased to provide a directory of our primary government partners and service providers for your reference.
Government & Associations
BCCIE collaborates with key government ministries at both the provincial and federal levels.
Provincial: We are primarily funded by the Ministry of Advanced Education (AVED). We report to AVED and also work closely with colleagues at the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of International Trade, and the Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training.
Federal: We support the International Education initiatives of the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD). This includes promotion of the Imagine Canada brand managed in part by DFATD and the Council of Ministers of Education Canada (CMEC).
BC Ministry of Advanced Education
BC Ministry of Education
BC Ministry of International Trade
BC Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training
Council of Ministers of Education Canada
International Education Service Providers
We value the relationships developed with the below International Education service providers. We work with these organizations to achieve common strategic goals.
Canadian Homestay Network
Education Beyond Borders
BC Trade Offices
BC Trade and Investment Offices and representatives help international businesses discover the benefits of British Columbia as a destination for investment, a partner for trade and innovation, and source of quality goods, services, and resources around the world.
San Francisco, USA
Education Marketing Managers
Directory of current EMMs
|Galahad GAO||Guangzhou, Chinafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jessie JIANG||Shanghai, Chinaemail@example.com|
|Vicky (Shuonan) SONG||Beijing, Chinafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Yun-Ju JUNG||Seoul, Koreaemail@example.com|
|Agnel WORTH||Bangalore, Indiafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Satyesh ASKULKAR||Mumbai, Indiaemail@example.com|
|Michiko AOSHIMA||Tokyo, Japanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
In 2012–13, the Government of British Columbia hired six dedicated Education Marketing Managers (EMMs) to help advance British Columbia’s international education interests in key markets including China, India, Korea, and Japan. The hiring of EMMs was a commitment under British Columbia’s International Education Strategy.
Roles and responsibilities
The EMMs have been placed in BC’s Trade and Investment Offices with a mandate to support International Education through the following activities:
- Promote BC as an International Education destination at international trade shows, and leverage BC provincial government marketing materials and online social media platforms.
- Leverage BC’s trade offices and other resources to advance overseas marketing.
Develop relationships with alumni and related networks overseas, using BC-educated students working overseas to help better promote business opportunities in and for BC including:
- Extending invitations to appropriate government and industry networking events.
- Support BC education institutions at the K-12 and post-secondary level and work with BCCIE in their inbound missions to market.
B.C.’s Education Marketing Managers (EMMs) are available to support your International Education marketing and recruitment needs. They do not serve as agents but are a valuable in-market resource and can be reached by email.
- Download COMPASS - Winter 2014 | Issue 1 - features India
- Download COMPASS - Spring 2015 | Issue 2 - features South China
- Download COMPASS - Fall 2015 | Issue 3 - features Japan
- Download BC’s International Education Strategy
- Download the EMM Presentation (Last updated: March 8, 2013)